Friday 15 April 2011

Introduction Scene & Underground Scene

Bullet through

Camera panning

Walking in
For the introduction scene, I made the barrel of the gun by creating a tube, converting to an editable poly and twisting the vertexes round to make a realistic spiral effect. Once I had the effect, I coloured different parts of the inside to make the barrel look more effective. This I thought worked well and looked just like the classic bond introduction scene.
To animate this scene, I had to make the barrel of the gun pan round 90 degrees on a pivot at the end of the barrel, this was because I was having difficulty turning the character once he had stopped. Also, for the camera in the scene, I made the camera attach to the end of the barrel of the gun and follow the barrel panning around, this again, almost looks like the classic bond introduction scene.



Car appears now (still invisible in render)










Character walking in
Stops walking (car is not visible in render)














Concrete platform arrives (cannot see the car in render)

For the Underground scene, I made the surroundings around the imported walking character, I used the tube tool again to give the effect of the underground tunnel. I imported the Aston Martin model I created and made a concrete platform to rest the car on. Once the tunnels were textured, I made the character walk into view again and brought the concrete block forward revealing the car. I felt this looked ok, but after looking at the trailer again, I decided to make the car appear from nothing, just like it does in the actual film. So I selected the keyframes when the concrete block was in view and then selected the car and changed every other keyframe to make the car’s visibility 0 and 1 repeated. This then gave the car a fantastic flashing effect which looked not too far different to the actual film effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment